Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Midsummer Nights Dream

Oh boy! Okay, I don't usually mind Shakespeare. I think he was a pretty great story teller and I really enjoy some of his works. But I just had to read A Midsummer Nights Dream in preparation for student-teaching, and I have to admit that I'm not looking forward to teaching this one. I'm looking for ways to spice it up right now, but honestly, this was not (by any means) one of my favorite books. I understood what was happening, and the part with the Fairy King and Queen in the woods and all of the magic and confusion about who-loves-who and all that was exciting, but otherwise I thought this one was pretty boring. Sorry, Shakespeare, not your best play, but I guess I'll be teaching it anyway (since I don't have a choice)! We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment